Workout: upper arms, forearms, shoulders, chest
Step by step
- Sit at the edge of a bench.
- Place your hands at your sides with your fingers facing forward, holding onto the edge of the bench.
- Place your feet on the floor slightly in front of your body, about a hips width apart.
- Push your body forward, taking the strain in your arms.
- Bend your arms and lower your body, whilst keeping your body close to the bench.
- Push your body back up, with your arms still taking the strain.
Sets and reps
Rest 30 secs to 1 min
Repeat 2-3 times
– Stay strong: keep your abdominals tight and your back straight.
– Let your arms do the work: try not to let your shoulders droop forward.
– Keep it slow: a slow and concentrated movement is harder than doing a fast one.
Strengthens upper body = good posture, safe lifting
Strengthens arms = enhances movement in other exercises
Want more of a challenge?
– Make it tougher: extend your legs away from the bench.
– Increase resistance: place a weight on your lap.