Workout: upper arms, chest, core body
Step by step
- Place your hands on a bench and extend your legs out behind you, resting on your toes.
- Tighten your abdominals to keep your body straight and strong.
- Bend your arms, lowering your shoulders towards the bench, then push up into the original position.
Sets and reps
Rest 30 secs to 1 min
Repeat 2-3 times
– Don’t let your back take the strain – keep your bottom and stomach tight.
– Keep it slow – a slow and concentrated movement is harder than doing a fast one.
– Mix it up – placing your hands closer together and keeping you elbows in tight to your body as you lower yourself will focus the work on your triceps. Placing your hands wider than your shoulders will work your chest.
– Take it easy – if you’re a beginner, you can build up your strength by starting with an easier version: Place your hands on the floor rather than the bench, extend your legs out behind you but rest on your knees rather than your toes. Follow steps 2-3 from this position.
Strengthens upper body = good posture, safe lifting
Increases heart rate = healthy heart, burns fat
Want more of a challenge?
– Increase the intensity: place your feet on the bench and your hands on the floor.