Paired dip bars
Workout: chest, triceps, core body
Step by step
- Position your hands on the bars.
- Tighten your core muscles.
- Take the weight of your body in your arms, lifting your legs off the ground.
- Bend your arms (no more than 90 degrees), to lower your body straight down towards the bar.
- If you want to focus the exercise on your chest muscles, keep your legs bent at 90 degrees whilst you move up and down. If it’s your triceps you’re focusing on, keep your legs straight.
- Push yourself up to the starting position.
Sets and reps
Rest 30 secs to 1 min
Repeat 2-3 times
Strengthens core and upper body = good posture, safe lifting
Increases heart rate = healthy heart, fat burning
– Keep your shoulders down – work your chest and triceps.
– Don’t let your back take the strain: keep your core muscles tight.
– Keep it slow: a slow and concentrated movement is harder than doing a fast one.
Want more of a challenge?
– Increase the number of reps and sets – but remember to take a breather between sets.