Workout: stomach, core body
Step by step
- Position your hands on a bar, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Your legs should be hanging down in line with your body.
- Tighten your core muscles.
- Lift your legs out in front of you, so that your thighs are parallel to the ground. If you’re a beginner, bend your knees and let your calves hang.
- Lower your legs back to the starting position.
Sets and reps
Rest 30 secs to 1 min
Repeat 2-3 times
– Stay strong: keeping your core muscles tight at all times not only works you harder, but also protects your lower back.
– Slow and smooth: carry this exercise out in a controlled manner for it to be safe and effective.
Strengthens core muscles = good posture, safe lifting
Increases heart rate = healthy heart, fat burning
Want more of a challenge?
– Make it tougher: keep your legs straight as you lift them, though keep a slight bend at your knees.