Ladder drill 1
Workout: thighs, calves, buttocks, core muscles
Step by step
- Stand at the start of a ladder marking.
- Keep your arms, shoulders and hands relaxed with your elbows bent at 90 degrees.
- Run through, placing your left foot in one square and followed by your right foot, moving your left foot in the next square followed by your right foot, and so on.
- Continue to the end of the ladder.
- Turn around and repeat.
Sets and reps
Rest 30 secs to 1 min
– Keep it quick: there should be quick ground contact, so push off from the balls of the feet.
– Turn this into a T-drill exercise: when you reach the middle, side step to your left, back to the centre, side step to your right, back to the centre, then step backwards to where you started from.
Builds bone density = healthy bones and joints
Increases heart rate = healthy heart, fat burning
Strengthens legs = good coordination and balance
Want more of a challenge?
– Competition: use a stop watch to see time improvements.
– Increase your speed.
– Increase the resistance – add some extra weight.