Ladder drill 2
Workout: thighs, calves, buttocks, core muscles
Step by step
- Stand at the start of a ladder marking.
- Keep your arms, shoulders and hands relaxed with your elbows bent at 90 degrees.
- Keeping your feet together, jump into the next square.
- Next jump and land with your feet either side of the ladder marking.
- Continue jumping ‘in and out’ to the end of the ladder.
- Turnaround and repeat.
Sets and reps
Rest 30 secs to 1 min
– Keep it quick: there should be quick ground contact, so push off from the balls of the feet.
Builds bone density = healthy bones and joints
Increases heart rate = healthy heart, fat burning
Strengthens legs = good coordination and balance
Want more of a challenge?
– Competition: use a stop watch to see time improvements.
– Increase your speed.
– Increase the resistance – add some extra weight.