Workout: Buttocks, thighs, calves
Step by step
- Start with both feet facing a bench.
- Hold your body in a strong upright position – head forward, shoulders back, stomach muscles tight.
- Jump up onto the bench with both feet, using the arms to assist.
- Land centrally on the bench in a small squat position.
- Regain the starting position, then jump down and land as before.
Sets and reps
Rest 30 secs to 1 min
Repeat 2-3 times
– Start gently: over time build up your reps and sets.
– High energy: think of your jump as an explosion.
– Soft landing: your legs should act like shock absorbers as you land.
Builds bone density = healthy bones and joints
Increases heart rate = healthy heart, fat burning
Strengthens legs = good coordination and balance
Want more of a challenge?
– Increase speed.
– Increase load – carry some extra weight.
– Use just one leg.
– Increase box height.
– Add side to side movement – on jumping/stepping down from a bench sprint right or left.