Step by step
1. Lie on the bench with your head on the lower end.
2. Place your feet on the floor, or slightly bent on the bench, at the width of your hips. Your spine should be straight and in a relaxed, natural position.
3. Rest your fingers at the side of your head and keep your elbows back.
4. Lift your head and shoulders off the bench and lower again.
Sets and reps
Rest 30 secs to 1 min
Repeat 2-3 times
– You might find it easier to place your hands across your chest.
– You don’t have to sit all the way up – just lifting your shoulders off the bench is still working your core muscles.
– You can place your head at the upper end of the bench if you are finding this too difficult.
Strengthens abdominals = stable core body, reduces stress on back
Increases muscle endurance = good posture all day long
Want more of a challenge?
– Place a weight across you chest.
– Have a partner throw a ball at you and head the ball back on each curl up.
– Add a lateral moves, such as a twist, to the top of an abdominal curl before returning to the starting position.